For Immediate Release
The Morning After Election Day
International Foundation for Electoral Systems and Microsoft Present Expert Analysis
Arlington, Va. – Traditionally, the International Foundation for Electoral Systems’ (IFES) U.S. Election Program (USEP) gathers democracy and elections experts from dozens of countries to witness the U.S. elections in person. Due to COVID-19, this is now a virtual, multimedia event with an impressive lineup of speakers touching on critical issues for the U.S. elections and democracy worldwide.
Virtual U.S. Election Program livestreamed event featuring two discussions: “The Morning After: Election Analysis” and “Technology and Democracy”
Wednesday, November 4, 8:00-10:15 a.m. ET/UTC-5
usep.ifes.org (free RSVP required to watch live)
- IFES Board Co-Chair Tad Devine; President and CEO Tony Banbury; and Vice President of Global Strategy and Technical Leadership Chad Vickery
- Microsoft Defending Democracy Program Senior Manager Meredith Berger
- German Marshall Fund of the United States’ Alliance for Securing Democracy Senior Fellow Kristine Berzina
- Brennan Center for Justice Election Security Advisor Edgardo Cortés
- Bellwether Research President Christine Matthews
- Democracy Fund Senior Advisor Tammy Patrick
- Democratic Institutions Secretariat, Privy Council Office Director of Operations Sarah Stinson
- University of Wisconsin Law School’s Fred W. & Vi Miller Dean and Professor of Law Daniel Tokaji
On-demand videos are available at usep.ifes.org of previous sessions on “Voting by Mail in the U.S.: Who Counts?,” “COVID-19 and the U.S. Elections” and “Youth Participation in U.S. Elections” and yesterday’s “Pre-Election Live” event featuring renowned political pollsters Celinda Lake and Ed Goeas; Democracy Fund’s Tammy Patrick; Trevor Potter of the Campaign Legal Center; Microsoft President Brad Smith; Pippa Norris of Harvard University; Franita Tolson of the University of Southern California Gould School of Law; and several IFES experts: Meredith Applegate, Peter Erben, Erica Shein and Daniel Rubinstein.
email@example.com for press availability
Microsoft is a Champion Sponsor of the Virtual USEP 2020.
IFES advances democracy for a better future. We collaborate with civil society, public institutions and the private sector to build resilient democracies that deliver for everyone. As the global leader in the promotion and protection of democracy, our technical assistance and applied research develops trusted electoral bodies capable of conducting credible elections; effective and accountable governing institutions; civic and political processes in which all people can safely and equally participate; and innovative ways in which technology and data can positively serve elections and democracy. Since 1987, IFES has worked in more than 145 countries, from developing to mature democracies. For more information, visit www.IFES.org.