Elections in the DRC: November 28 Presidential & Legislative Elections for the Democratic Republic of the Congo
On November 28, 2011, voters in the Democratic Republic of the Congo will go to the polls to vote for the country’s next president and legislative representatives in the Congolese National Assembly.
All eyes are on this election and what they might mean for the DRC’s political stability. To better understand the electoral process in the country, IFES has released a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Topics covered in this document include:
- What is the function of the Congolese National Assembly?
- What is the electoral system?
- How is the election administration structured?
- Who can be a candidate?
- What are the basic rules for counting the votes?
- Will election results be publicly displayed?
Elections in the DRC: November 28 Presidential & Legislative Elections for the Democratic Republic of the Congo is available here.
Click here for more information on IFES' program in the DRC.