2023 IFES Charles T. Manatt Democracy Awards Dinner
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) Charles T. Manatt Democracy Awards honor inspirational leaders with an unwavering commitment to building resilient democracies that deliver for all. Each ceremony, IFES presents the Democracy Award to three individuals: a Democrat, a Republican, and a member of the international community.
The IFES Democracy Awards recognize those who embody the IFES vision of democracy for a better future, which we advance by:
- Innovating global tools with local applicability to counter dangerous speech, dis/ misinformation, and extremism online;
- Empowering young people—including in the Pacific—to be positive change agents and active participants in civic and political processes;
- Our Center for Anti-Corruption and Democratic Trust, breaking ground in gender and political finance and with practical tools for electoral dispute resolution and independent institutions;
- Partnering with the private sector to ensure that technological innovation contributes to the integrity of elections; and
- Harnessing research, resources, and partnerships to address the intersection of climate change with electoral and political rights.
The IFES 2023 Democracy Awards will be held on Tuesday, October 17, in Washington, D.C. This premier event will include members of Congress, the Biden Administration, and other leaders, experts, and advocates for democracy, human rights, and governance. It will include a reception, dinner, and awards ceremony. Watch this space for upcoming details, including this year's recipients.
For more information, please contact IFES Director of Strategic Communications and Advocacy Andrew Kolb (firstname.lastname@example.org).