Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee and the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) are pleased to welcome you to the inaugural event of a bi-monthly “Women, Peace and Security” breakfast series. The series will explore current issues affecting women and girls in conflict and illuminate their determination and leadership to find peace. Each conversation will be framed in the context of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security and the U.S. Government’s National Action Plan on 1325.
“Women at the Peace Table” will feature expert insight from our distinguished panelists on challenges and opportunities for women leading efforts to resolve conflicts and establish pathways for peace in their societies. The conversation will be framed within the broader context of women, peace and security and highlight the women and men who work locally across the globe for peace and stability.
- Opening remarks by Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (TX-18) and Bill Sweeney, IFES President and CEO
- Virginia M. Bouvier, Senior Advisor for Latin American Programs, United States Institute of Peace
- Jomana Qaddour, Member of the Board of Directors, Syrian Relief and Development
- Julie L. Arostegui, J.D., Women, Peace & Security Policy Director, Women’s Action for New Direction
- Moderated by Jessica Huber, IFES Senior Gender Specialist
A light breakfast will be served.