Nearly half of the world’s population is 25 years or younger, making the current youth generation of 3 billion people potentially one of the most influential in history as civic and political leaders. Recognizing that young people are a diverse group of individuals with unique beliefs and experiences, IFES’s youth programming is driven by an intersectional approach and tailored to reflect the diversity of young people worldwide. IFES draws on several complementary approaches to supporting youth engagement, including:
- Integrating human rights standards and principles.
- Enhancing skillsets and fostering engagement between young people and political and civil actors, systems and processes, applying a positive youth development approach to facilitate youth agency.
- Engaging young people as active participants in the electoral process.
- Partnering with young people as positive agents and equip them with conflict resolution and peacebuilding tools.
- Explore our resources linked here to learn more and get involved.